Super Bowl is this Sunday and I love bringing something unexpected to the annual potluck. I created this recipe when I found a package of pie crust in the back of the freezer. I also had a log of brie plus raspberry and apricot jam so I thought this would be a modern take on Brie en Croute with a fruity twist. They are great to take to a party because they are just as delicious at room temperature.
Raspberry Brie Pie Bites
1 Box of Frozen Pie Crust
1 Log or Wheel of Brie Cheese
Fruity Jam or Preserves- I used Raspberry and Apricot
1. Set oven temperature according to the instructions on the pie crust packaging.
2. Slice the brie into small pieces and set aside.
3. Unroll the piecrust and cut into equal rectangles. You will need two for each pie bite so be sure to have an even amount.
4. Place a few pieces of brie onto half of the rectangles.
5. Place a small dollop of jam onto each of the brie halves.
6. Dip your finger into a bit of water and run it along the edge of the loaded pie crust piece. Place the second piece of pie crust on top and use a fork to mold the edges together. Be sure to use a small enough amount of brie and jam so that it doest burst out of the crust while you are sealing them.
6. Poke 3 holes into the top of each bite and place on a foil lined tray.
7. Bake for the recommended time on the pie crust packages.
8. Enjoy hot out of the oven or let them cool and serve later in the afternoon at room temperature.